Saturday, August 20, 2011

Cactus's Secret by Nana Haruta, Book Review


Title: Cactus's Secret
Author:  Nana Haruta
Part of series or standalone:  First in manga series
Published:  March 2nd, 2010
Publisher:  Viz Media LLC


This is the first volume of Cactus’s Secret.

Yamada has liked Fujioka since middle school. She decides she is going to tell him and had told him to meet her. When he arrives, he tells her she is wearing too much eyeliner (so much for her confessing her love). She gets really mad and takes it out on him. He quickly dubs her “Cactus Alien”. Ever since middle school, she has been trying to make herself pretty. Fujioka is clueless about how she feels about him. She decides to make him chocolate for Valentine’s Day. He sees her outside of school and completely ignores her but reveals later that he didn’t recognize her. He gets Yamada to practice giving the chocolates to her she likes but has no idea it’s him.

I really enjoyed this manga. Fujioka is completely clueless and quickly agitates Yamada. I liked seeing what happened when Yamada became a “cactus”.  Yamada just can't win.  I loved the illustrations.  I haven't read much manga, but I adored this one.  There's a surprise twist at the end that I didn't see coming.  I can't wait to get my hands on more of this series.  There are only four in this manga, so it'd be a quick manga series to read.


No comments:

Post a Comment