Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday #1

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted on Breaking the Spine. This is where we list an upcoming book that we want to read.


                              
   Summary from Good Reads:                                                                                    
'I did meet a Boy,' Midge snaps. 'He has wavy brown hair, and he's English. I met him at the Library. We had romantic picnics by the river and we kissed. A lot.'

Midge has never had a boyfriend - so she makes one up. Then she is paired for the Major Project with George, the New Boy, who doodles dragons, tucks in his shirt, has a mysterious past and an unseemly interest in secrets. Soon Midge's white lie turns into a web of deceit as she fabricates emails from her imaginary boyfriend, and even a MySpace page.

Then one day, Midge comes face-to-face with her imaginary boyfriend in the school corridor. Tall, brown wavy hair, English accent - he's exactly as she'd described him - right down to his name. Ben catches on quickly and rescues her from certain humiliation - kissing her in front of all her friends. He seems the answer to her prayers. A dream come true. The Perfect Boyfriend! But he turns out to be not quite perfect after all, and before long Midge finds herself in all sorts of trouble.


I think this one sounds really cute.  There's a bevy of young adult paranormal books, and I think this would be the perfect book for a fluffy read.  It doesn't come out until January though.

9 comments:

  1. This does sound fluffy and fun! I'm putting it on my list to check out when it comes out! Great choice! You can see my WoW over at Fuzzy.Coffee.Books if ya like!
    Courtney
    *new follower

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of this one before, but it sure sounds interesting and fluffy! Great choice, Amy :)

    Stop by my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahah, this one reminds me My Fake Boyfriend is Better Than Yours. It does sound really cute! Nice pick. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds really fun! i'd love this read this one too. great pick! :)

    Check out our WoW post.

    -Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pick. Adding it to my wishlist!
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday-32.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhhh. Cuuuuuuute!

    I want it! *adds to goodreads*

    And that cover is adorable! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. oJust realized it's by the same author than A pocketful of eyes! that makes me even more excited!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hadn't heard of this one before, but it sounds like a cute book. I'm definitely checking it out 'cause I love books like this.

    ReplyDelete