Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday #4

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted on Breaking the Spine. This is where we list an upcoming book that we want to read.


Summary from Good Reads.

Jessica Walsh is starting her freshman year at Nightshade High and trying to forget about the tragic events surrounding her brother’s graduation. She wants to have a normal high school experience. But that’s easier said than done in Nightshade.

When a new boy shows up at school, the girls are infected with a case of seriously creepy crushes. But when their obsession turns to violence, Jessica and her friends start to wonder if there’s more going on than just a little friendly rivalry. Are the smitten girls turning into love zombies?

And Jessica has other worries—like her crush on Dominic Gray, the cute but moody new singer for Side Effects May Vary, and the mysterious tattoo that appeared on her arm one day and lets her know whenever there is trouble brewing. Jessica learns she's a Virago, a woman warrior chosen to fight evil whenever it threatens her hometown. But does a lowly freshman really have what it takes to keep Nightshade safe?


I loved the Dead Is series.  I've read every book before this one and can't wait to get my hands on this one. The books before had a little bit of everything:  mystery, paranormal creatures, and romance.   It's a spin-off series, but I have read from the author that the old characters will make cameos. That's the only thing I'm worried about.  I've become attached to the characters in the previous books.

This comes out in March 2012.

9 comments:

  1. OOh that sounds interesting! And I so love her name! ;)

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of the DEad Is series before I guess I'll have to take a look at book 1! It sounds really neat!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, nice blog!!
    Following now ;)
    Mine's here: http://vanya-drum.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard about this series but this sounds really great.I love books with zombies so it is right up my alley!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great choice!! I will have to check this book out!!

    Happy reading and check out my waiting on Wednesday!!
    http://sarahcatchingbooks.blogspot.com/2011/12/waiting-on-wednesday-25-forbidden.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh that looks like a cute one! I think I've heard of other books by that author, but I don't remember reading them. Great pick!

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i've never heard of this one before. it sounds interesting. definitely gonna be looking it up.

    check out our WoW.

    -michelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't heard of this book before, but it sounds quite interesting! Great choice! Thank you for sharing it!

    Sam

    ReplyDelete