Monday, January 16, 2012

Cold Kiss by Amy Garvey


 Title:  Cold Kiss
Author:  Amy Garver
Part of series or standalone:  standalone
Publisher: HarperTeen
Published: September 20, 2011
Format:  hardcover
Source:  Own
Challenges:  TBR













Have you ever loved someone so much, you’d do anything to get them back, even from death? Wren did. The females in her family have always had magic. She loved her boyfriend, Danny, but it was killed in a car wreck because the driver he was with drove drunk. She brings him back from the dead. Wren had no clue he would actually come back. At first, it’s great. He lives to only see her. However, a new boy in school, Gabriel, has her questioning whether or not she should have brought, Danny back.

He’s different like Wren. He can read minds and knows what Wren has done. Wren has no plans of sending Danny back, but Danny soon starts to remember things other than his time with Wren. She knows something has to be done, but will she make the right choice?

Wren is a tough girl that has pushed her friends away. I did feel bad for her because her mother doesn’t want to talk about the magic she does have. I felt so bad for Danny. He claimed that he couldn’t think when Wren wasn’t around. She was being selfish to bring him back. I liked Gabriel, but I was torn because of how hard it was for Danny when Wren wasn’t around. All in all, I really liked this book and believe the ending was the only right one possible.

3 comments:

  1. I do really like the idea behind this book. Love triangle make me nuts though, so I don't know how I'd handle the whole Danny/Gabriel thing. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The premise of this book sounds really promising. I can't help but think of what I would do in the same situation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been thinking of picking this up for a while now, but I wasn't sure if I should. I'm glad to hear that it was good!

    Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete