Friday, January 13, 2012

Follow Friday #7


Follow My Book Blog Friday is a weekly meme co-hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read.

Question of the Week: Many readers/bloggers are also big music fans. Tell us about a few of your favorite bands/singers that we should listen to in 2012.


I'm very ecclectic in the music I like.  I like a little bit of everything.

Adele-I don't have any of her CDs, but I really like her.   I need to buy one.

Matt Nathanson-I hadn't heard of him before his CD that had Come on Get Higher, but I really like him.

Parachute-I have both of the CDs that are out now, but the first one is definitely better.

Neon Trees-  I loved Animal by them.  I hope their next CD has more songs on it.

Family Force 5-I love their second CD. It's a dance-rock CD  I'm not a big fan of the first and third because it's more crunk than rock.

Secondhand-Serenade-I love their second CD.  I still need to listen more to the third.  There are some songs that definitely stand out on the third, I just prefer their second CD more.

Some songs:
Stereo Hearts by Gym Class Heroes featuring Adam Levine

Written in the Stars by Tinie Tempah featuring Eric Turner.  My mom says the rapper ruins the songs.  I usually am not a big fan of rap, but I like it in this song.

Breath by Breaking Benjamin

Hunt Hunt Hunt by There for Tomorrow.  I have their first CD but haven't gotten around to buying the CD with this song on it.

 
If I Die Young by The Band Perry.  I'm not a big fan of country music, but I really like this song.

Forever by Fireflight

Hello Heartache by Day of Fire


What about you?  What music do you think people should listen to for 2012?

12 comments:

  1. Not familiar with those. Having a feeling today I will learn a lot of new music!

    Here's my Friday Hops

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think i officially love anything/song with adam levine! and i'm obsessed with adele lately.

    TRISH

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    I love your songs selections! I love Firelight, There for tomorrow and Neon Trees! Great choices!

    Natasha @ Dreamland Teenage Fantasy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your list! How can I forget Adele in mine!! Must edit it now! Thank you for stopping by my blog. An old follower here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. New follower here! I LOVE Matt Nathanson! Check out my blog! http://amidnightsummersread.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you're the first person I've seen to mentioned Matt Nathanson! He's awesome!!

    Kristin from GrowingUp YA MyFF

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hopping through. I didn't realize If I Die Young was by the Band Perry. Love Neon Trees. My friend is the drummer's brother.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by and becoming a follower!! Thats a pretty great list!! New follower here. [:

    -ShawnaLeAnn @ Dreaming In The Pages

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for dropping by my blog! New follower here :D
    Growingupya.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for stopping by! I love Adele! Matt Nathanson is pretty good as well! And I hadnt really heard of him until Come On Get Higher came out. OMG! Stereo Hearts, Written In The Stars & Breath are awesome songs! I love them (especially Stereo Hearts). Lol.

    Thanks for the follow! Following Back!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I freaking love all your music choices. You=amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a list. Adele is a fav of mine as well. Thanks for new bands to look up!

    Thanks for stopping by my featured blog! Returning the follow! :D

    ReplyDelete