Monday, January 2, 2012

My Life Undecided by Jessica Brody

   
Title:  My Life Undecided
Author:  Jessica Brody
Part of series or standalone: standalone
Publisher:Fararrar, Straus, Giroux (BYR)
Published: June 7, 2011
Format:  hardcover
Source:  Borrowed
Brooklyn Pierce never makes good decisions. Her best friend Shayne Kinglsey convinces her to have a party in a model home that gets caught on fire. Apparently, Shayne blamed Brooklyn for the party and isn’t speaking to her. So, Brooklyn is facing consequences by herself. 200 hours of community service in a nursing home. She’s tired of always making wrong decisions and being compared to her perfect older sister Isabella.

Brooklyn decides to create a blog where readers will vote on what she should do when she has to make a decision. Her decisions range from small ones like trying out for rugby to ones about going on a date with a Southern hottie she can’t stop thinking about.

I loved The Karma Club, but I love this one sooo much better. I love it when authors have extras in books. In this case, samples of Brooklyn’s blog. At first when I read the book, I was slightly annoyed at Brooklyn. As I kept reading, she became less irritating. I love that characters in Jessica’s books always grow.

If you haven’t checked any of Jessica’s book trailers, check them out now! I love them. They are entertaining and seem like a movie trailer. A while back, I noticed that there was a website where people could have a poll about a problem they were facing. I don’t know if it’s still up, but I definitely recommend it to check it out.


1 comment:

  1. I stumbled upon this book when I was randomly browsing through GR but I never found the book in the bookstores :S I'm glad to know that you love it! Can't wait to read it:)

    Natasha @ Dreamland Teenage Fantasy

    ReplyDelete