Thursday, May 24, 2012

Entangled (Spellbound #1) by Nikki Jefford

Title: Entangled
Author: Nikki Jefford
Part of series or standalone: first in Spellbound series
Published: February 20, 2012
Format: e-book
 
Source: for review








I received a copy for review.


Graylee and her twin sister, Charlene, are witches.  Charlene has just been dumped by her ex-boyfriend, Blake, and she claims that she’s going to kill herself.  Graylee convinces her to get off of the building, but worries that she’s going to hurt Stacey Morehouse.

To keep herself from being late to her class, Graylee becomes invisible and slips into the classroom, trying to do this without anyone noticing.  Unfortunately for Graylee, Raj McKenna, a bad-boy, warlock, notices and wants her to teach him the invisibility spell.  Graylee has a strict no-dating warlocks policy, and doesn’t have an interest in bad guys like him. 

Everything is going okay, except for her mom making she Charlene doesn’t hurt Stacey…until Graylee dies.  She wakes up one morning and realizes that something is wrong, when she’s dressed in Charlene’s night wear.  Her mom tells her she died unexpectedly, and because of a resurrection spell went wrong, she is now sharing Charlene’s body 50/50.  Can Graylee find a solution and still be alive?

I could not stand Charlene!  At first, she just seemed slightly annoying, but she is so much worse. Graylee is definitely a lot nicer than Charlene.  I felt like her mom didn’t want to admit that Charlene could be pretty awful.  This really got me somewhat irked at their mother.  All the time Charlene was trying to play the victim.

I did like Graylee and Raj and am looking forward to see how that develops.  Raj still manages to keep some of his swag, as his feelings for Graylee develop more.  I really liked that he tries to help Graylee find a solution to stay on Earth. 


 

2 comments:

  1. Ohh, yay! I've been in love with this cover since I first caught a glimpse of it so I'm really glad to know that it's well worth the read! And I LOVE that it's about twins -- I don't know why, but I've just got this really big soft spot for them :') And since witches are one of my fave supernatural types, that makes this even better!

    Awesome review, Amy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read some teaser about Charlene and Graylee few days ago and I have to admit, Charlene sounds like the kind of sister I wouldn't like to have! She seems so full of herself. But if the romance is great, then I'd love to give it a try! Plus, the cover is SOOO GORGEOUS! x)

    Fantastic review, Amy! So glad you enjoyed this book in overall! :)

    ReplyDelete