Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Intangible by J. Meyers


Title: Intangible
Author: J. Meyers
Part of series or standalone: first in Intangible series
Published: January 31, 2012

Format: e-book
Source: for review
I received a copy for review.

Luke and Sera are twins that have special abilities. Luke can see the future, and Sera can heal people and influence their behavior. His visions have never been wrong, and his scared that he can’t save Sera from dying. He decides to keep this from Sera and try to find a way to prevent this from happening. They don’t have many friends, but they both hang out with Fey and Quinn.

Sera has a strict no dating policy, but she spots a guy, Marc, who seems to be different than the others. However, Marc has a hidden agenda. He knows of hers and Luke’s powers. Is he out to hurt the twins?

The twins don’t realize it, but there are other people with abilities, from the Realm, that are after them. Some are on their side and want to protect them, but others want them dead because they are the Children of the Prophecy. The prophecy says that they can either help or destroy the creatures of the Realm.

I really liked this one. There were several twists and turns to this story. There is one I figured out for myself, but for the most part I couldn’t even guess about some of the stuff that happens. I like that there were several different paranormal beings to the book.

I loved Luke. He was so funny. I loved that Luke was protective of Sera, and that the two of them actually got along. I felt really bad for Sera. She always feels like she has to keep people at arm’s length because she doesn’t want them to be influenced by her abilities. I really liked Marc at first, but ugh! I’ll just leave it at that. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, 5 roses? Colour me intrigued! I've seen this one around a lot with mixed opinions, but your reviews makes me really want to read this! I love books that deal with Sibling relationships and Luke and Sera sounds so sweet together as twins. Plus, I want to know what happens with Marc! x)

    This was a really awesome review, Amy! You sure got me pumped up for this book! ;) <3

    ReplyDelete