Monday, May 14, 2012

Manga Monday #1: Metamo Kiss vol 1 by Sora Omote

Title: Metamo Kiss, Volume 1
Author: Sora Omote
Part of series: series
Published: March 13, 2007
Publisher: Tokyopop
Format: paperback
Source: own
Manga Mondays is a weekly meme hosted by Alison Can Read


 Kohamaru is on the train and is heading to visit his family in the city.  He used to live with his granny in the countryside, but decides to live with his family after she dies.  He bumps into Nanao, right smack into her lips.  Both of them are in such a rush, they don’t pay attention to each other.  They quickly realize they are not in their own body.  Kohamaru is in Nanao’s and vice versa.  Kohamaru reveals that his family can switch bodies with their soul mates.  Each set of soul mates have certain areas on their body that when their soul mate touches that spot, they switch bodies.  It just so happens the “kiss” is what triggered the switch.  If this isn’t bad enough, Nanao has a crush on Kohamaru’s twin brother, Konatsu. 


When I read about this manga, I was so excited and wanted to get my hands on a copy.  I absolutely love the cover of this manga.  I felt bad for Kohamaru because all that Nanao can think about is switching back and his twin.  Nanao goes on a date with Konatsu, but it seems that when Kohamarau is in Nanao’s body, that’s when Konatsu likes her most!  There are several times that Kohamaru tries to ruin Nanao’s dates and encounters with Konatsu. 


I thought I’d like this one a lot more than I did.  There are several funny moments to this book , and the drawings can be pretty cute.  I just think my expectations were set way to high.  I’ll definitely finish this series.  It’s only 3 volumes, and I still really like the concept of this manga.


1 comment:

  1. This sounds like a funny concept. Somewhere between cute and silly. I'm intrigued. And it's nice that it's a short series.

    ReplyDelete