Thursday, May 31, 2012

Tiger's Curse by Colleen Houck

Tiger's Curse (The Tiger Saga, #1)Title:Tiger's Curse
Author: Colleen Houck
Part of series or standalone: The Tiger's Saga #1
Published: Janurary 1, 2011
Publisher: Hodder & Stoughton
Format: paperback
Source: own


Kelsey’s parents died in a car accident, so she lives with her foster parents Michael and Sarah. Kelsey needs to make some money for college and finds a job helping at a circus for two weeks. While she’s there, she meets Dhiren, nicknames him Ren, the Bengal tiger. She quickly bonds with the tiger and often reads Shakespeare and poetry to him in her free time. After she works there for a week, Mr. Kadam, an older, Indian gentleman, offers her a job after he purchases the tiger from the circus.

She eventually accepts and is on her way to India. One evening while eating, she notices a young, Indian man arguing with Mr. Kadam. After Kelsey finishes eating, she goes outside and notices that the truck she was traveling in is gone. All that is left is her backpack that Mr. Kadam packed for her…and the tiger, Ren. They travel deep into the jungle, and Kelsey is startled when Ren turns into the young man that was arguing with Mr. Kadam.

He tells her that she helped free him from a tiger…at least for 24 minutes of every day. He thinks Kelsey is the one that can help him break his curse. Kelsey and Ren will face many trials with each other, but Kelsey is concerned about protecting one thing…her heart.

I’ve seen this book at Wal-Mart a couple of times, but wasn’t for sure if I’d like the book. I love learning about cultures and mythology, but I’ve never been a big fan of fantasy. Fantasy books are hit or miss for me. I finally decided that the cover looked way to good for me not to at least give it a try.

I absolutely loved this book… and Ren. I found myself scouring the book for Kelsey’s encounters with Ren. I can’t wait to get my hands on the next books. I know there’s supposed to be a boxed set out soon, but I don’t know how much willpower I have!






3 comments:

  1. Wow so glad to hear you enjoyed this one! Great review :) It sounds so emotional and I just adore the premise!!!!!!!!!!! Ren sounds like a great character!!!!!!! Fabulous review :)

    BTW beautiful blog! Now following :)

    SeeitORreadit<br /

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I LOVE Ren! There's a love triangle, though, and Kelsey gets a little annoying in the other books, but I do agree that this book was really awesome!

    Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog yesterday!

    Eileen @ ***Singing and Reading in the Rain***

    ReplyDelete
  3. So interesting! I keep seeing these books, but I honestly didn't know what they were about. Great review!

    ReplyDelete