Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books on my TBR for Summer

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

It's been a while since I've done one of this, and I almost didn't do it this week because I saw, on another blog, that the topic was Top Ten Authors You Would Like to See on Reality Shows.  Since a lot of people thought this topic was hard, this can also be a freebie week.  School's finally out for me, so I thought I'd make a list of books that I really want to get read this summer.  Most of these are older books.  All links go to Good Reads.


1. Abandon (Abandon #1) by Meg Cabot - I absolutely love Meg Cabot...and mythology, especially the myth of Hades and Persephone.  I don't know why I've waited so long to read this book.

2. Sweet Venom (Medusa Girls #1) by Tera Lynn Childs  -Once again, I love this author.  A major plus is this is based on mythology.  I think this sounds very unique.

3. Bittersweet by Sarah Ockler  -I don't usually find many contemporary books that I want to read, but this one sounds so cute. 

4. Unearthly (Unearthly #1) by Cynthia Hand -I have yet to read a mainstream series based on angels.  I absolutely loved the cover when I saw this.

5. The Fire Wars (The Fire Wars #1) by Kailin Gow  -This past Janurary, I read my first Kailin Gow book.  She has definitely become one of my favorite authors.  This also is based on mythology.

6. Supernaturally (Paranormalcy #1) by Kiersten White -I read Paranormalcy sometime last year and loved it.  I've been real hesitant to read this because most people have loved the first one sooo much more.

7. Getting Over Garrett Delaney by Abby McDonald  -I've had this book for a while and let my sister read it.  She absolutely loved it, so I need to read it (to keep her from bugging me about it). LOL!

8. Dead is a Battlefield (Dead Is #6) by Marlene Perez  -I was sad to see the series end, but was pleasantly surprised when I found out she was doing a continuation series.  This starts off with Jessica, one of the younger sisters of the characters in the previous series.  There are some spoilers mentioned from the last book of the series, so I'm not sure if I'd recommend to read this series out of order.

9. Illusions (Wings #3) by Aprilynne Pike -  Time for some fairies.  This is the only fairy series that I've read some.  After I read Spells, I decided I wanted to wait until Destined came out before I read this one.  Now, the wait is over!  I need to get Destined though!

10. Timeless (Timeless #1) by Alexandra Monir -As soon as I saw the cover of this, I just knew I had to get it.  I've been wanting to read this so long!


What are your Top Ten?

5 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to make a summer reading list, but that's on the very loooong list of things I haven't gotten to yet. Lots of great-sounding books on here, although I have to admit I haven't read any of them. Hope you enjoy them!

    Here's my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great top ten! I really hope you get to read Sweet Venom, Bittersweet & Unearthly! I enjoyed all three of those!

    My Top Ten

    -Brittani

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have so many great books on your list! I LOVE Unearthly and Bittersweet. I hope you love them too.

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you have some excellent reading material in your future! I haven’t read many of these yet myself, but I can tell you I loved Unearthly!

    Darlene @ Leather Bound and Lovely

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bittersweet and Unearthly are both books I really want to read! Hope you get to read all the books on your list this summer. :)

    ReplyDelete