Thursday, June 7, 2012

Any Love But Mine by Debbie Davies




Title: Any Love But Mine
Author: Debbie Davies
 First in series
Published: March 3, 2012
Publisher:  Night Publishing
Format: e-book
Source: review










  
I received a copy for review.

Acacia was made for the god, Eros, but he doesn’t want her. He warns her that even though he doesn’t want her, she is still his. Eros gives her a year timeline to decide if he’s going to do anything to her. Two other girls were made for him before, Allana and Amora. Acacia ends up living with them both. Amora doesn’t like Acacia, but Allana is definitely a mother figure and tries to help Acacia the best she can.

Acacia is an Erosian and is able to make matches by combining people’s auras. She doesn’t do this often, but recently tries to do several at her high school. She hopes this will save her from the timeline. So far, it’s been really easy for her not to gain attention to herself or fall in love until she sees Josh.

At first, she has an intense feeling of fear before she lays eyes on him, but once she does, she can’t stop staring and even earns the nickname stalker from his football friends. She’s afraid that he is a god sent from the Underworld because he has no aura. After a few misunderstandings, it seems that Josh likes her as well. What will happen to her if Eros finds out?

I always have loved mythology and even took a class in high school on World Mythology. I’m always on the lookout for books that create their own mythology or base it off of others.

I felt so bad for Acacia. She was so confused when she was at Olympus, and when I realized what was going on, I wanted to punch Eros. I was glad that Allana tried to help Acacia, but I definitely couldn’t stand Amora. She was just waiting and wishing Acacia to mess up.

There are secrets that are kept from Acacia, but she also keeps her secret from Josh, which is necessary. I liked Josh, but there is a love interest that pops up near the end that I can’t wait to see how it unfurls.

It was slow at first, but I’m glad I stuck with it. This is a great read for people who love mythology.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, this book sounds so good! I am a sucker for anything mythology!
    Thanks for the AWESOME review!!

    ReplyDelete