Monday, June 11, 2012

Manga Mondays: Metamo Kiss, Volume 3 by Sora Omote



Metamo Kiss: Volume 3Title: Metamo Kiss, Volume 3
Author: Sora Omote
Part of series or standalone: series
Published: October 11, 2007
Publisher:Tokyopop
Format: paperback
Source: own








Nanao still pines after Konatsu, especially since he left to go to America. Hanamaru tells her that he’ll always be there for her. It seems like he might finally get his chance, but then his brother comes back.

On Hanamaru’s way back home, he meets a little girl and finds out that her family has a secret as well. Her family transforms into plants. Ever since he meets her, he forgets things he is supposed to do that involve Nanao. He even is late to her birthday party. His family fears the worse and even resort to taping pictures of Nanao all over the place. Will he completely forget Nanao?

For once, I actually felt bad for Nanao. She usually ends up acting coldly towards Hanamaru, but I think she acts hot and cold because she doesn’t know how to handle how she feels about switching bodies with Hanamaru and her developing feelings for him.

I’ve always rooted for Hanamaru. Konatsu is okay, and I feel bad he can’t switch with anyone. Hanamaru is definitely more caring. Even though, Nanao probably deserved to be forgotten considering how her temper is with Hanamaru, but I still couldn’t help rooting for Nanao.

I still got confused at times, when Hanamaru and Nanao switched, but I like that quirkiness to the series. I really liked how the series ended. I wish there would have been just one more volume to this series, though.



2 comments:

  1. I didn't know there were so many good manga books out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her family transforms into plants...I don't know. Of all the super powers to have, that sounds extremely boring. And dangerous - you never know when you might end up in a vase.

    ReplyDelete