Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Top Ten Books I Just HAD To Buy...But Are Still Sitting On My Bookshelf

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
This week is a Top Ten Tuesday Rewind, where we choose a past topic that we want.
 All links go to Good Reads.
  1. Sweet Venom by Tera Lynn Childs - I had to get this since Tera wrote it.  I love her Fins series.
  2. Timeless by Alexandra Monir - I'm bad at buying books for the cover.  This is one is no exception.
  3. The Hollow by Jessica Verday - I thought this sounded very interesting.  A book that's inspired by the Legend of Sleepy Hollow?  It sounded so great, I had to get it.
  4. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi - I heard a lot of things about this one.
  5. The Alchemy of Forever by Avery Williams - I liked that the girl body-hopped and that she was running away from someone.  I also really like the title.
  6. A Beautiful Dark by Jocelyn Davies - I haven't read many books about angels, and once again, I just loved the cover. 
  7. The Liar Society by Lisa and Laura Roecker - I loved Nancy Drew when I was growing up, and still do.  The girl is also rocking pretty cool hair!
  8. The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter - I love love the myth of Persephone and Hades and any world mythology for that matter.
  9. Embrace by Jessica Shirvington -  Again, I loved this cover, and it also sounded way to good to pass up.

What Top Ten did you choose to revisit?

8 comments:

  1. I chose the same rewind topic! You can visit mine at www.amidsummernightsread.com

    I've read at least 4 of those books on your list, so get on it! They are worth it. :-)

    New Follower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Goddess Test has been on my TBR for a while, but nothing else.

    Beth ^_^
    http://sweetbooksnstuff.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't actually read any of the books on this list, but if books were cheaper in SA I'd probably have the same problem. I do actually have Shatter Me sitting on my e-bookshelf waiting to be read.

    I’d love for you to check out my Top Ten Freebie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shatter Me is fantastic. But the whole waiting for the next book in the series is killing me!! i did top ten bookish quotes :0
    Here is my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This happens to me all the time, too. Some books I'm so desperate for I pre-order, so I can have them in my hands the day they come out...yet months later, they're still sitting on my shelves unread. I haven't read the books on your list, so I can't tell you which one to get started on, but I want to read The Goddess Test and Sweet Venom, too. Love mythology!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't feel bad, I haven't read any of these.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Timeless is REALLY really good, so I'll definitely go and read that one! I like the whole love story in this one and it has nice characters :)

    A beautiful dark was an okay read. Not good, but not bad either. Just something you read between other books.

    http://thedailyprophecy.blogspot.nl/2012/06/top-10-tuesday-13.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I chose Fictional Crushes!

    I have the same problem, I'll just HAVE to buy a book the day it's released or something and then I won't read it for months.... :P

    ReplyDelete