Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Wilde's Fire by Krystal Wade

Wilde's Fire  
Title: Wilde's Fire
Author: Krystal Wade
Part of series or standalone: series
Published: May 13, 2012
Publisher:  Curiosity Quills Press
Format: e-book
Source: for review










I received a copy from the publisher via NetGalley.

Katriona Wilde, Kate, has been having dreams since she was fourteen.  Only her sister, Brit, and her best friend, Brad seem understanding about them.  She often dreams of a guy named, Arland.  She loves him completely, but sometimes he dies in the dreams.

Brad is spending the night because he is going with Kate and Brit to one of their favorite places at Skyline Drive.  Usually, Brit and Kate go with their mom and stepdad, Gary, but there mom is sick.  Brit tries to tell Kate that Brad loves Kate, but she doesn’t believe her.  While they’re walking, Kate keeps seeing a yellow light, but doesn’t tell them about it because she doesn’t want them to think she’s crazy.

After they have some rum, Brad confesses that he does love Kate, but she doesn’t think much of it.  When they were at the watering hole, Kate saw the yellow light lead her to the water.  After she explores it, she finds some kind of cave…or at least she thought.  All of them go through, and find themselves fighting monsters.  Brit ends up making it back to safety, but Brad and Kate get stuck wherever they are…and Brad is hurt.

Someone saves them, and shortly after, Kate finds herself looking at her dream guy in the flesh.  Apparently, there are a lot of things her mother didn’t tell her, especially about who she is and what really happened to her father.

Fantasy books are usually a hit or miss for me and I’m glad to say this one is a hit.  I like that we learned about some of Kate’s past dreams, but I didn’t think there was enough background information on Brad.  He’s there a little bit in the beginning, but after he gets hurt, he’s not mentioned much until the end.  He’s been a big part of Kate’s life, so I was expecting a little more about him. I will say he does some things that are bad and questionable, but that is explained at the very end.

I really liked Arland and his cousin Flanna.  Flanna is very sarcastic, and can help break up tension and definitely helps Kate feel better at times.  What can I say about Arland?  He was always there when Kate needed him.  Kate questioned how Arland felt about her at times.  Was he just there to protect as a part of his duty or did he truly care about her?  I love their relationship and can’t wait to see what happens in Wilde’s Army.


1 comment:

  1. Yay for an amazing fantasy series that hits the target! It's one of my favourite genres for the pure creativeness of it, and I love how this one feels a little more urban but still a LOT more awesome :) I think I'll be on Flanna's team because I have a weakness for sarcastic boys LOL <3

    Really awesome review, Amy! :)

    ReplyDelete