Thursday, July 5, 2012

Existence by Abbi Glines



Existence (Existence Trilogy, #1)


Title: Existence
Author: Abbi Glines
Part of series or standalone: series
Published: Decemer 13, 2011
Publisher:  Wild Child Publishing
Format: e-book
Source: borrowed




 
Pagan Moore has been able to see souls ever since she was little. Now, it’s her senior year in high school and doesn’t think much about the male soul she sees at school, especially since they can’t talk to her…until now. While she’s waiting in English Lit, he’s sitting near her and actually starts talking to her, and he seems surprised that she’s been able to see souls since she was little.

When her friends Wyatt and Miranda leave her alone at lunch, football superstar, Leif, asks her to tutor him in Speech, but she gets annoyed that he won’t even look at her and acts coldly. This eventually causes him to leave. Pagan apologizes to Leif and begins to tutor him. Everything’s going okay except the soul is still following her and talking to her, and she starts to like Leif and realizes he is not the arrogant jock she thought he was. He misses tutoring session one day, and when she confronts him about it, she gets jealous when she learns it was because of his ex-girlfriend, Kendra.

The soul warns her not to leave school, but she does and has an accident. When she’s finally back at school, there’s a new student, Dank Walker, who just happens to be the lead singer of Cold Soul….and the soul that wouldn’t leave Pagan alone. If Dank isn’t a normal soul, just who or what is he?


I liked that Pagan felt bad for the souls. I wish she was able to actually help them, instead of just being able to see them. At first, I liked Leif better than Dank., but about half way through, I was rooting for Dank. I still really like Leif, so I’m still somewhat torn. Okay, maybe I can’t make up my mind.

I’ve heard of this e-book a while back and knew I wanted to read it. I’ve read The Vincent Boys by Abbi as well. I like this series so much better! I mean I really liked The Vincent Boys, but this one just blew that one out of the water. I really hope Abbi writes another paranormal series after this one is over!
 



2 comments:

  1. I think that Abbi Glines has this huge fanbase that keeps trying to get me to buy all her books -- and I might just have to listen! Everyone adored The Vincent Boys especially, so hearing that this one is better just makes me want to go get a copy ASAP. How cool would it be to have Pagan's ability?? :)

    Amazing review, Amy! Definitely very convincing ;) <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice!! I have this one on my Kindle that I still have to read!! Hear good things about it!! Must get around to reading it, and book 2 and book 2.5! Again, great review!

    ReplyDelete