Monday, July 9, 2012

Once Upon a Read-a-thon Update and mini challenge






readathonbutton Once Upon a Read a Thon 2012 Mini Challenge
I haven't been feeling well for the past couple of days, so I've been reading novellas to help with my goal of four books.

So far I've read these two:

From Fame to Shame by Veronica Blade
Product Details
and   Madly by M. Leighton

Madly (Madly, #1)


I am currently reading Beauty and the Beast by Jenni James

Beauty and the Beast (Faerie Tale Collection)
The mini challenge from IB Book Blogging is to answer these two questions:


Question 1:
What is your favorite cover that has been revealed this summer and why? Post a link or picture of the cover if you want.

Okay, I picked  two.

I haven't started this series yet, but I absolutely love this cover for Finale by Becca Fitzpatrick.

Finale (Hush, Hush, #4)


Also, I picked Glass Heart by Amy Garvey.  I was surprised because I read Cold Kiss and wasn't expecting a sequel.
Glass Heart (Cold Kiss, #2)
I just like the vibe I get from both of these pictures.  The first one has an almost eerie romantic feeling to it, and I love the haunting qualities of the second cover.


Question 2:
Do you rely on the cover to help you choose whether you want to read a book or not?

I rely on the cover if it's a genre I don't read a lot or an author I don't know or haven't read a lot of.  If it's an author I usually love the cover is just a bonus.

4 comments:

  1. Wow Glass Heart is beautiful! Good luck and I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I chose Finale for my cover too! :D

    And novellas are a super smart choice for the read-a-thon, they go by pretty fast and then you've ended the read-a-thon having read so many. I'm kind of wishing I had done something like that instead of the heftier titles I chose.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Glass Heart cover!! And I agree, if the cover is amazing, then Im more likely to read the book, unless its from an author i know and love, then the cover is just a bonus

    ReplyDelete