Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Wilde's Army by Krystal Wade




Wilde's Army

Title: Wilde's Army
Author: Krystal Wade
Part of series or standalone: 2nd in series
Published: July 4, 2012
Publisher: Curiosity Quills Press
Format: e-book
Source: for review












I received a copy to review from the publisher via Net Galley.

Katriona believes everybody is gone until she hears the one voice she dreads, Perth’s, the Ground Dweller who was supposed to marry her. Apparently, he’s known since the day he’s met her that she was his, even though Katriona doesn’t want him… she wants Arland. Griandor told her she has to trust him, but she isn’t too keen on that idea.

She knows she needs to try, and they start to look for Arland and the others. She finally is able to find them and save them for now. They decide they need to get to Arland’s father in Willow Falls. Perth and Arland are often throwing barbs at each other, and Kate lets everybody know that they need to trust Perth, even though he makes it hard for them to.

Going to Willow Falls isn’t going to be easy. Leader Maher tells her before they even head to Willow Falls, Kate has to stay away from Arland. Arland and Kate decide they have to pretend they hate each other and that Kate loves Perth. She hates doing this, but she needs to unite everybody no matter what it takes.

I liked this one more than the first, and it’s not common for me to like the second book more. I definitely think it’s because Perth is in this book a lot more. I loved it when Perth and Arland butted heads. I wish that happened a lot more than it did. I know Kate and Arland are made for each other, directly by the gods, but I might like Perth more than Arland. Don’t get me wrong, I still like Arland. I hope that Perth finds who he’s meant to be with in the next installment. I was annoyed at a couple of characters in the book: Flanna and Kate’s mom. I know Flanna lost the guy she loved, but she always took it out on Kate. And Kate’s mom. Ugh!

She was pretty cryptic in the first book and continues to be like this in this book. I felt really bad for Brit, Kate’s sister. She’s not familiar with Encardia and doesn’t have a reason for being there. Kate knows what she’s there for. Anybody that enjoys young adult fantasy romance should give this series a try.




4 comments:

  1. Great review! I love it when a sequel is just as good (or in your case, better) than the first! I'm usually so disappointed if it falls short of my expectations.
    Thanks for sharing! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy,
    Great review! I've enjoyed the sequel too... I think that this one was better because there was more fighting and magic involve than in the first one. I will be waiting for the third volume with great anticipation.
    Lucie
    http://newbooksonmyselves.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Awesome cover!
    :)
    I havent read this series but Im glad it lived up to your expectations!
    Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a really hard time getting into Wilde's Fire, so I put it away for later. I'm glad to hear you liked Wilde's Army better - hopefully I will too. :)

    Thanks so much for visiting earlier, Amy!

    ReplyDelete