Thursday, January 3, 2013

Howl (Howl #1) by Jody Morse and Jayme Morse



Howl by Jody Morse

Title: Howl
Author: Jody Morse and Jayme Morse
Howl series #1
Published: December 24, 2011
Self-published
Format: e-book
Source: own













Samara McKinley is friends with the most popular girl in high school, Emma. Emma is always having house parties. At one in particular, Samara notices that the new guy, Luke, has been staring at her all night. Samara has been crushing on him bad. She finds out later that night that Emma has a crush him. Luckily for Samara, he blows off Emma when she makes a move. Later on at the party, there is wolf that seems like it’s going to attack but it doesn’t.

Samara has never seen a wolf up that close. Luke finally makes a move and asks Samara out. The date ends abruptly when she gets bitten by a wolf. Not only does she have to worry about this. Her brother, Seth, his having bouts of anger problems and often leaves the house for a few days at a time.

Luke also starts to act distant when Samara needs him most. Samara turns into a wolf at night. She knows she can’t talk to Emma about it. She doesn’t know who to trust or what is going on.

I haven’t read anything by these authors before, but I really liked this, especially since I’ve been on a werewolf kick lately. I liked that Samara was mature for her age and didn’t act like a lot of the other girls at her school did. I liked Luke, but I wasn’t over the moon for him. I’m not sure who I want her to end up with. I just was annoyed at some things that Luke said. I might just be picky though. If you like werewolf romance stories, you should give this one a try.

2 comments:

  1. I like the sound of this one. Happy you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! It sounds like a good read.

    -Leslie

    ReplyDelete