Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Moonlight Mayhem (The Spellbound Series #2) by Sherry Soule



Moonlight Mayhem  (Spellbound, #2) Urban Fantasy
Title: Moonlight Mayhem
Author: Sherry Soule
The Spellbound Series #2
Published: July 2, 2012
Publisher: Moonlight Publishing
Format: E-ARC
Source: for review













*May contain spoilers from previous book*

I received a copy from the author.

Shiloh Ravenwolf’s problems are far from over, but she’s the protector of Whispering Pines, a town that’s a hotspot for paranormal activity, and should expect them. She saves James McMillian, a guy on the varsity football team, when he stumbles into Luna Pizza, and appears to have been attacked.

Shiloh’s scar tingles and burns, which lets her know that whatever happened definitely involves something supernatural. When she starts to head to the Ravenhearst Manor with her best friend, Ariana, a big beast is in the road and they barely miss it.

The attacks increase, but seem to only target the football team. The local policeman claim that its rabid dogs, but her mentor Evans think it’s lycans that are attacking the team. When Shiloh becomes witness to an attack, she became high up on the supernatural hit list.
With all of these going on, Trent starts to become closer to Shiloh. When he becomes angry, his eyes turn black and this frightens Shiloh. She has been tainted with demon’s blood, and she thinks Trent has too.

Shiloh has many things to worry about, and has a guy with piercing eyes following her at odd times. She’ll have to team with the most unlikely people to help the town that she is prophesized to help
Lives will be lost for this cause. Will Shiloh solve the mystery behind all the attacks before it’s too late?

I liked this one more than the first book. I love all of the different paranormal creatures that are brought into this book, which makes this series have a slight Buffy-esque vibe to it. I had suspicions of what was happening. I was right on some things but not everything. I’m definitely interested to see what the new guys will play in the next book.

I definitely enjoyed Trent a lot more in this book than the others. I wished that Jillian, Shiloh’s mom, was more in the book. I don’t like her, but I want there to be some kind of closure with Shiloh even if it’s not good. There are so many things I’m still wondering about, but I love that the main aspects of the book are resolved before the next book starts. The ending isn’t too much of a cliffhanger, but I’m definitely intrigued to find out what happens next.

 

5 comments:

  1. This sounds like a cool series, I'm going to have check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds very lovely and I must admit that the variety of paranormal creatures you mention are a definite plus for me. I don't think I've seen this series before but I'm off to GoodReads to invesigate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post in Awesome Blog!
    This is a really nice blog post and the post is inspired me to start Blogging like you after visiting and reading you post.
    Yüz Germe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for taking the time to read and review my novel. The review is fantastic and well written. I hope your followers are interested in reading my new YA series, too. :-D

    Happy reading,
    ~Sherry

    Check out My Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really appreciate this post. I’ve been looking everywhere for this! Thank goodness
    I found it on Bing. You have made my day! Thank you again!
    Estetik

    ReplyDelete