Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Love and Skate by Lila Felix

Love and Skate (Love and Skate, #1)



Title: Love and Skate
Author: Lila Felix
Love and Skate #1
Published: November 5, 2012
Publisher:  self-published
Format: e-book
Source: own









Nellie used to pretend to be a perfect daughter and perfect girlfriend, but has long since ditched trying to be perfect after she found out that the reason her boyfriend broke up with her because he was messing around with her friend, Cassandra.  Now, she is a part of a roller derby team, has blue hair, and lives with a fellow teammate and friend, Amber.  At college one day, she gives a guy some gum in one of her classes, but she doesn’t realize the guy, Owen, had noticed her before.


Owen also has had problems with relationships.  His last girlfriend, Amy, cheated on him with one of his best friends, Lucas.  He spiraled out of control through alcohol, partying, and meaningless “relationships”.   Owen lives on campus with his other best friend Dylan, who is currently dating Amber.

Owen and Nellie quickly develop feelings for each other, but both have scars from past relationships.  Will both of them be able to move forward?

I’ve had this e-book for a while, but just recently read it.  I would have liked for the roller derby to have been more central to the story, however.  I hope this will play out more in the other books to this series.

At first, I really wasn’t sure if I liked Owen or not, but he quickly grew on me.  I do think the relationship seemed like infatuation too quickly, but they both have similar pasts that did help them connect. 

I also feel like there should have been more conflict throughout this book.  Something does happen at the end I did see coming, but that didn’t stop me from liking it.  Although, I did have a few minor problems with the book, I felt like this was very easy to read and that’s a major plus.  I can’t wait to see what’s in store for the Black brothers.


No comments:

Post a Comment