Friday, May 24, 2013

Northanger Alibi (The Jane Austen Diaires #3) by Jenni James

Northanger Alibi (The Jane Austen Diaries, #2)





Title: Northanger Alibi
Author: Jenni James
 The Jane Austen Diaries #2
Published: January 15, 2012
Publisher:  Walnut Springs/Inkberry Press
Format: e-book
Source: own







Claire Anderson loves Twilight and is psyched when her mom’s friend, Darlene, wants to take her to Washington with her. Her parents are hesitant, but agree when Darlene says that Cassidy, Claire's older sister, can come along. When they arrive in Washington, they meet Nora Anthony ‘Tony’ Russo, children that are around Claire's age.

At first, Claire thinks they are very odd. First they talk funny, and during dinner Tony seems to know what Claire is going to say before she says it. There’s only one thing that could mean…that Tony is a vampire! Cassidy can’t believe Claire's silliness. Is Tony the vampire she thinks he is?

I loved Pride & Popularity, the first book in the Jane Austen Diaries series by Jenni James, and definitely didn’t hesitate in buying this book. It sounded too funny to pass up. I don’t know which one I like better because this one was really funny.

It definitely was a little bit of a stretch at some of the conclusions she draws about Twilight and the unsuspecting guys, but it was funny at why she thought so. I wanted to shake my head several times at her claims.

I really like Tony. He was very sweet, and didn’t seem to mind when he finds out about her musings. I was glad that this book was about Claire. Claire and Cassidy are mentioned in the first book. I like that characters from previous books make appearances throughout this series. Anybody that wants clean young adult fiction will be able to read anything by Jenni James. 



 

1 comment:

  1. I have this one as well as the first one. I haven't read more than a sample, but I really am looking forward to getting to them. I refuse to buy anymore until I've at least read the first book.

    Tammy @ Bo's Book Nook

    ReplyDelete