Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Immortal Eclipse by Sherry Soule


Immortal Eclipse




Title: Immortal Eclipse
Author: Sherry Soule
standalone
Published: April 30, 2013
Publisher:  Disenchanted Publishing, Inc
Format: e-book
Source: for review


 
 





 
I received a copy for review.

Skylar Blackwell is a fashion photographer living in New York City.  She has lived in her grandmother’s apartment since her grandmother’s death.  She was invited to visit her Uncle Gerard, but she never did and now he’s dead.  She feels terrible that she didn’t visit him sooner.  Apparently, Skylar has inherited his money and Summerwind,  an old mansion in California.  She gets called into her boss’ office and thinks she’s finally going to get a well-deserved promotion but ends up getting fired.  Skylar is even more determined to go to Summerwind and find out the truth about her uncle’s death. 

Once she’s there, she is far from welcome.  The staff constantly questions why she is there, and the estate’s caretaker, Dorian, seems to as well, but claims it’s not safe for her.  Skylar is facing quite a bit opposition, but she’s determined to find out what really happened to her uncle because it doesn’t seem like it’s suicide like the detectives claim.

Skylar is drawn to Dorian, but he keeps pushing her away.  As Skylar investigates, more and more strange events start to occur and suspicious deaths, but Summerwind is the only place she has for now.  Will Dorian convince Skylar to leave while she’s still alive or will Summerwind be her final resting home?

I’ve read Sherry’s Spellbound series for Young Adults and have really enjoyed the series.  This book has the same creepy undertones as that series. 

At first, I didn’t like Skylar too much.  I couldn’t really stand the mention of all the labels, but then again, I’m not really into fashion.  So people that are, probably won’t be too bugged about this.  It didn’t lessen a lot after the beginning and that is probably when I enjoyed started to like her more.  I did like Dorian, but I hate when male characters run hot and cold, even when they do have valid reasons.

I did figure out some things in the story, and there are clues about what happens/happened that I didn’t piece together.  Sherry has always been able to paint creepy scenes and settings with her storytelling, which doesn’t do to well when I’m about to go to sleep.

Anybody that’s looking for creepy elements and mystery to their New Adult stories should give this a try.
 
 
BUY IMMORTAL ECLIPSE:
Amazon Kindle: http://amzn.to/14IbgG5
Barnes & Noble: http://bit.ly/11QIbnz
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Your review made me smile, smile, smile! Thank you for reading my new novel, the post is eloquently written.

    I hope booklovers are interested in reading, IMMORTAL ECLIPSE, too!

    Happy Reading,
    ~Sherry
    Hey! Check out My Books

    ReplyDelete