Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Insight (Insight #1) by Jamie Magee

Insight (Insight, #1)

Title: Insight
 Author: Jamie Magee
 Insight #1
Published: July 20, 2010
Publisher:  self-published
Format: e-book
Source: own







Willow has been able to feel the emotions of people around her, but she also has nightmares on every new moon except this time it’s about two days late. In her latest nightmare, she still dreamed of the same guy, but when she wakes up, the star the guy placed on the middle of her ankh tattoo is on her arm when she wakes.

Her dad, Dr. Jackson Haywood, leaves shortly after and both parents are acting strange. She also is able to help images feel the emotion she wants them to feel. When her dad sees her do this, he takes her home to tell her some unsettling things.

Apparently, he’s from a dimension, Chara, and he wants to take her, her mom, and younger sister, Libby. Willow doesn’t want to leave her friends, but her dad believes something bad will happen if they don’t leave soon. She’s still allowed to go camping with her friends before they have to leave.

Her friends had told her about a new guy in town, Drake. When she’s there, she realizes that Drake is the guy that enters her nightmares. She also dreams about another blue eyed guy that makes her feel safe. Her soul mate. Will her nightmares blend with her reality, and will the other guy she dreams about be able to keep her safe?

I absolutely loved this book. I have no idea why I waited this long to read this. This story is so unique. I loved the use of astrological signs and being able to travel to different dimensions with strings. I’m also a sucker for any books that involve finding soul mates. I really loved Landen. I would have been annoyed too, if I was kept from my soul mate for that long.

Seriously, this story was enthralling. I did not want this to end. I’ve read that later on in this series, that the author has combined this series with another. I can’t wait to see how that will play out. I’m rooting for Landen, but I can’t help being intrigued by Drake. Very Intrigued.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment