Thursday, October 29, 2015

Every Bride Needs a Groom by Janice Thompson

Every Bride Needs a Groom (Brides With Style, #1)


Title: Every Bride Needs a Groom (Brides With Style #1)
 Author: Janice Thompson
  Published: April 21, 2015
 Publisher:  Revell
Format: e-book
 Source: for review




Katie Fisher and her family are close-knit, and the family expects the children and grandchildren to live in their small, hometown, Fairfield, TX.  Katie is the kind of girl that has planned her wedding since she was little and expects her long-time boyfriend, Casey Lawson, to propose at any time.  He has traveled into Dallas several times, so Katie thinks he ready to pop the question.

Her best friend and cousin, Lori-Lou, tells about a contest where girls can submit an essay for hopes of winning a wedding dress and be featured as a model for the wedding magazine, Texas Bride.  Katie believes everything is working out.  She wins the contest but loses her boyfriend to a job in Oklahoma.  Katie and Lori-Lou head to the bridal shop so Katie can turn down the dress, but she becomes frazzled by all of the kindness and happiness of the staff at her win.  Plus, one of the main workers, Madge, tells her to keep quiet to the designer, Nadia James, because it is a major opportunity for the bridal shop. Katie finds herself getting closer to the female workers and the designer’s son, Brady, a famous basketball player.  Can Katie still keep her secret and her heart safe?

I received a copy for review from NetGalley

I have only read one book my Janice Thompson, Love Me Tender, but it was written as Janice Hanna.  I really love the idea of wedding theme books and was excited to get to review this book from Net Galley.  When I first started reading it, I wasn’t sure if I was going to like it because the main character is 24 years old, and the point-of-view seemed a lot older.  The point-of-view quickly got better for me, and I loved this book!  I do wish there were more scenes with Casey in the beginning. I’m from a small town myself and can feel for Katie.  I loved seeing how she grew more open-minded to trying to shake up her routine and seeing how it affected those around her.  I am definitely looking forward to see how this series pans out.


 

  

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like one I would like. I'll have to add it to my TBR! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete