Saturday, January 9, 2016

Jane Austen January- A Different Take on Tackling my TBR

Out of the blue, I had a thought to do a TBR but have each month focus on a specific genre/topic.  For this month, my focus is going to be Jane Austen books, whether it's book by Jane Austen or inspired by Jane Austen.  Hence, my title, Jane Austen January.

I should have had this post up at the beginning of this month, but here it is now.  I'll admit I've already read one that I was going to put on my TBR, but I've recently read Pride and Prejudice: a Manga version by Udon.  I'll put a review of this one up sometime this month.  I have not read any books by Jane Austen and thought this would be the perfect time to do so.  I've tried to once, but I think I was too young to really appreciate it and stopped after one page. 

Also, I've recently watched Pride and Prejudice with Keira Knightley and Matthew Macfadyen and am thinking about doing some movie reviews.  I plan on watching Persuasion with Ciaran Hinds and Amanda Root, Pride and Prejudice with Colin Firth and Jennifer Ehle     , and the new Hallmark movie, Unleashing Mr. Darcy. 

I have obligations to review several books, so I'll probably have a Freebie Friday to break things up and probably a Manga Monday because I've been back into reading them.

If anybody else wants to join in, please feel free to and let me know in the comments! 

Here's my list of books to tackle!   If anybody wants to see reviews on certain ones, let me know!



Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
Persuasion by Jane Austen
Emmalee (Jane Austen Diaries) by Jenni James
Mansfield Ranch (The Jane Austen Diaries ) by Jenni James
The Last Best Kiss by Claire LaZebnik
The Trouble with Flirting by Claire LaZebnik

Jane and Austen by Stephanie Fowers
 

What is your favorite Jane Austen book and retelling?

I plan on doing something similar for next month.  It will probably by Fairy-tale February and will be focused on Fairy tale retellings.


1 comment:

  1. I think this sounds like a fun way to tackle your TBR pile. I may have to do something similar because mine is getting way out of control! Lol.

    ReplyDelete