Saturday, June 11, 2016

The Adventures of Miss Petitfour by Anne Michaels

The Adventures of Miss Petitfour

Title: The Adventures of Miss Petitfour
 Author: Anne Michaels
  Published: November 3, 2015
 Publisher:  Tundra books
Format: e-book/hardback
 Source: for review/own






I received a copy from the publisher via NetGalley.

Immediately when I saw the cover of this book, it reminded me of Mary Poppins, but I’m not sure if I ever watched any of Mary Poppins.  However, it was enough for it to remind me of her.  She even flies in the air by using a tablecloth and almost always travels with her 16 cats. Yes, 16.  I loved some of the names of them, but it did annoy me some when it would list all of the cat’s names.
 
I didn’t know much about this book when I started to read it, so I was surprised to see that it had 5 short stories in it.  I’m not for sure what age I’d recommend this for, but I believe each story is short enough to keep the child’s attention, especially since of the cute pictures.  The stories really are essentially Miss Petifour’s adventures.  They had a story about a decoration competition, a yard sale going awry, a hunt for her postage stamp that flew out the window, and two others.  Even though not much happened in it, I found that I liked the postage stamp story more.  I have no idea why though.


I did like the book and preferred some stories over others, but the pictures and the actual designs of the book itself are so cute and pretty.  There is a very brief introduction to show who Miss Petitfour is and as a brief information and pictures for each cat, which I thought was adorable.  This would be good for kids who like quirky stories and who are fond of cats.  I will say this book is kind of expensive considering the size of the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment