Monday, August 29, 2016

In Firefly Valley (Texas Crossroads #2) by Amanda Cabot


23411620



Title: In Firefly Valley 
Author: Amanda Cabot
  Published: May 19, 2015
 Publisher: Revell
Series or standalone: Texas Crossroads #2
Format: e-book/hardback
 Source: for review/library









Summary from Good Reads

Marisa St. George is devastated when she is a victim of downsizing and has no choice but to return to the small Texas town where she grew up. Though it's a giant step backward, she accepts a position as business manager at the struggling Rainbow's End resort. The only silver lining is Blake Kendall, a new guest who is making her believe in love at first sight. But will her dreams of happily-ever-after be turned upside down when she discovers who he really is?

*I received a copy for review from the publishers via Net Galley

I have not read the first in this series, and the couple from the first book appears in this book.  I was a little bummed when I found that out, but it is not a big deal since in these types of books you pretty much know who is going to end up with whom.

This is my first Amanda Cabot book that I read, and I did enjoy it.  I will say it took me several sittings.  I don’t blame it on the book.  I’m just a heavy mood reader, and once I get something to review, it has been taking me several sittings to read a book.  I enjoyed this book enough that I would read the first book in this series.

I liked most characters in this book.  I was not a fan of Blake at times in the book and had a pretty up and down view of him.

I did like reading about Lauren and Drew, but I would rather that they had their own story or at least a novella. I preferred Drew to Blake if I’m honest.  Not many books I’ve read do this, but Lauren had a little bit of her POV in it.  I can see that it added to the story that I’m not sure could have been done well without being in her POV.  I really don’t like that her POV was there just because I believe the POV should have stayed in Marisa and Blake’s.

As I mentioned, I would rather have had a novella that went into depth about Drew and Lauren.  Maybe that’s one reason I gave this book a four stars.  I was more into reading about Lauren and Drew compared to Marisa and Blake.  I was more sensitive to Marisa as a character.  Blake rubbed me the wrong way in some parts, but he does have moments that made me root for him more.

It may not seem like it, but I really did enjoy this book.  I just wish certain things were set up differently in a couple of places.

No comments:

Post a Comment