Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Let's Be Mermaids Readathon

I found out about this readathon from booktuber, Rebecca @WhyMermaids.  This was created by Sirena @Follow the books, another booktuber.

It’s going to take place Aug 13-19.  It has some reading challenges and video challenges.  Since I just have a blog, I’m just doing the reading and movie challenges, unless I can think of ways to do some of the video challenges if I can adapt them to blog format.

Here is the list of the video challenges and reading challenges.

Video Challenges
Saturday: Mermaids Got Talent
Sunday: Little Mermaid Sing a Long
Monday: Music Video
Tuesday: Book Trailer
Wednesday: DIY
Thursday: Mermaids React
Friday: Liveshow

Reading Challenges:
Read the group book: Deep Blue by Jennifer Donnelly
Read a book with a mermaid on the cover
Read a book with sirens
Watch a mermaid movie
Read a book from your TBR (wild card pick)


My TBR for the Reading Challenges. First off, I do not own Deep Blue, but I really do not want to read that book.  At least, for now. But, I will aim at completing the other ones.


Read a book with a mermaid on the cover
Tangled Tides (The Sea Monster Memoirs, #1)

Read a book with sirens: Atlantia by Ally Condie
17731926

Watch a mermaid movie: The Little Mermaid.

Read a book from your TBR (wild card pick): In Firefly Valley by Amanda Cabot  and Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
234116201885

I chose two for the wild pick because I am currently reading In Firefly Valley for a review, and I'm currently in a book group on Good Reads, where we are supposed to read a Jane Austen book together.  For this month, it's of course, Pride and Prejudice.

There are other mermaid books that I would like to read more in some categories, but I don't feel like the fit + 1 would be a reread.  I feel like a lot of mermaid books I have are in a series, and I'm kind of wanting to start a series all at once.  I'm not sure if I'm in the mood for that yet or not.

Do you plan on entering this readathon?  If so, live a link of your post or list it in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment