Saturday, August 13, 2016

Playing for Love by Dana Burkey


27226844          

Title: Playing for Love 
Author: Dana Burkey
                                     Published: November 1, 2015
 Publisher: self-published 
Format: e-book

 Source: for review/own










I received a copy from the author for review

Fiona has been crushing on her brother’s, best friend, Jordan, for a while and decides to do what she can to make him notice her.  She joins the JV soccer team because couple of his most recent girlfriends were soccer players.  For the most part, Jordan and her brother ignore Fiona.  After she gets a soccer ball to her nose, both of them are a lot nicer to her.  Jordan starts to talk to her more, and they start to spend more time together. 

I wanted to start this off by saying, I loved reading Dana’s author bio.  Her bio mentions about her want of creating stories without swearing and adult situations.  There is the b word in this novel mentioned 2 or 3 times, however, the is the only qualm content wise I found.

I did like this book, but there were a couple of moments that I felt the pace dragged for me.  I liked Jordan for the most part.  He annoyed me a little at the end.  I liked him fine throughout the story.  I kind of found it a little unbelievable that a nose accident changed Fiona’s brother that drastically.  Although, I don’t condone siblings treating each other badly.  I kind of wished Fiona’s brother character change didn’t shift that much all at once.  A gradual approach I feel would be best. 


I really liked that this was an easy, contemporary read.  If anyone is wanting a contemporary book that includes sports, may want to check this out.

No comments:

Post a Comment