Tuesday, October 4, 2016

September Wrap-Up and October TBR

  • The Emerald Talisman by Brenda Pandos
  • King of the Friend Zone by Sheralyn Pratt
  • Beauty and the Clockwork Beast by Nancy Campbell Allen
  • P.S. I Like You by Kasie West
    What I read in September


    I have read the first two books in a mermaid series by Brenda Pandos but was nervous about reading her vampire series.  I'm not really sure why I was nervous, but I really enjoyed this one a lot.  I read this in a day.


King of the Friend Zone by Sheralynn Pratt 4/5 roses

I was sold when I saw the title of the book.  This book has a few instances of innuendo, which I really hated and was confused a little in a scene in the beginning.  After the scene was over, I started to get into the book more.  

Beauty and the Clockwork Beast by Nancy Campbell Allen 5/5 roses

This is the first book I ever read by Nancy and am looking forward to more.  This is a steampunk, paranormal book with inspiration of Jane Eyre and Beauty and the Beast.  Jane Eyre is my favorite classic  and Beauty and the Beast is my favorite Disney movie/ fairy tale.

This is a MUST read for October.

P.S. I Like You by Kasie West 5/5 roses

This book was just so cute.  I never have read a book by Kasie West before, and I have definitely been missing out.  I prefer my contemporaries light, and this one was just that.  

As you can see, September was a really great month of reading for me. 



What I plan to read in October

132067601320682822428707
858569416248068





Scarlet by Marissa Meyer
Cress by Marissa Meyer

I recently finished Cinder and really enjoyed it.  I'm going to try to start finishing books as I start the series, so that's why I'm aiming to read the 2nd and 3rd book in the series.  I'm really bad at finishing a series once I start it, so I'm hoping to read this series pretty back to back so I don't need to reread any books.

The Great Hunt by Wendy Higgins

I mostly want to read this book because I'm pretty sure it will make me scared. I don't have a big tolerance for those types of books anymore, but I think I can handle this one okay.

The Sapphire Talisman by Brenda Pandos

This one should also fit the Halloween, creepy vibe.  Second book in a vampire series.  To me, I feel like it's more suspenseful or spooky.  I didn't get really scared at all in the first, but still think it's spooky enough for October.

The Elite by Kiera Cass

Out of all the books, I'm not sure if I'll get to this one or not.  I probably will just because to help break things up.  Again, I recently read The Selection in July or August and want to finish the trilogy and duology companion while I remember the first book.

What books are you going to read for October?  Feel free to leave your TBR links :)



No comments:

Post a Comment