Saturday, November 5, 2016

October Wrap-Up and November TBR




Royal Date by Sariah WilsonScarlet by Marissa MeyerCinder by Marissa Meyer
The Heir by Kiera CassThe Elite by Kiera CassThe One by Kiera Cass


    Royal Date (Royals of Monterra) by Sariah Wilson


    I've had my eyes on this one for a while.  As you can see, I have been on a huuuge royalty reads kick.  Although, I did enjoy this one a lot, I feel like not a lot happened in it.  Also, I really didn't care for some of the innuendo.



    Cinder by Marissa Meyer

    I have always been hesitant to read this series.  I will say I still don't care for the cyborg aspects of this book/series.  I do really love Iko, and she is definitely one of my favorites in this book.  As I got into the 2nd book, the cyborg part of the book bothered me less.

    Scarlet by Marissa Meyer

    At first, I wasn't really interested in Scarlet's POVs in the story.  I was definitely wanting to stick with Cinder's POV for a while until about half of the way or so. Then, I started really getting into Scarlet's story and started liking Wolf a lot more.  I'm pretty sure a lot of people like Thorne, but I'm not entirely on board with him.  I think he is funny, but I don't like what Marissa in

    The Elite by Kiera Cass

    I like read the 2nd and 3rd book in this series back to back, so I'm kind of not sure a lot of what happens in this book at the moment.  However, I do know I still enjoyed it.  The books in this series have gone by so quickly, and I'm already wanting to reread at least the first 3.  I'm so excited for the movie and the coloring book that's coming out this December.  Any fans of the series might want to check it out.  It looks great so far.


    The One by Kiera Cass

    This was my favorite of the entire main books in the Selection series.  I really loved how America stood up for people, especially in the Convicting scene.  I sometime think I am more Team Aspen than Team Maxon, but maybe I'm more in the middle.  I do really like both guys in different ways, but I do think both Maxon and Aspen have done a lot of things that have annoyed me in the overall series.  I didn't like some of the revelations in the series as a whole.  I want go into details because of spoilers.

    The Heir by Kiera Cass

    I know a lot of people do not like the continuation of the series, but I loved this one a lot.  I think Maxon has a lot of funny lines in this one.  A lot of people don't like Eadlyn, but I really loved her POV.  I thought she had really funny POVs in the beginning.

    I absolutely have enjoyed the Selection series so much and hope more people will give it a chance.


    As you can see, this month has had pretty good books. I will say I only read 2 books on my October TBR.  I just wasn't really in the mood for the creepier books I thought about reading.  I do plan to continue the Lunar Chronicles series, but I kind of want a break from that series for a little bit.

    November TBR

    The Crown (The Selection, #5)
    I'm currently reading

    The Crown by Kiera Cass

    I have started this one and am almost halfway finished with it.  I will say I wish this part of the series was a trilogy with it like the main Selection books.  I just feel like there are certain parts to the book I wish was more fleshed out. One of the parts is the actual Selection process of the boys getting to know each other and Eadlyn.

    I was going to do a November TBR with this post, but I'm really not sure what books I want to read for sure.
    The Siren

    The Siren by Kiera Cass

    I really have enjoyed all of her books so far, so I thought as well might as read this one, too.
    Reawakened (Reawakened, #1)
    Reawakened by Colleen Houck

    I've been wanting to read her new series for a while now. The books in this series are still pretty long.  This first one is just shy of being 400 pages.  I wish they were as long as her Tiger Saga series

    Blind Date Collection (A Timeless Romance Anthology Book 18)
    Blind Date Collection (A Timeless Romance Anthology) by Various Authors



    I received this for review.  This includes a short story by Sariah Wilson, and it happens in Monterra, so it will include another royal.

    Tiger's Curse (The Tiger Saga, #1)

    Tiger's Curse by Colleen Houck

    This will be a reread.  This might be a book I do not get to this month.  I've been really wanting to reread the entire series lately.  I just know it will be a huge time commitment since all of the books are like 400+ pages.  I really love that they are that longer, however, I've started reading other series lately and I kind of want to finish the series that I start right then.





    No comments:

    Post a Comment