Monday, January 16, 2017

Top 5 Best Books of 2016

Most posts I have seen of yearly updates have been a top 10.  I read 42 books this year, and for the most part had a lot I liked, but not a lot of books I loved.  I decided to share a top 5 books.  There is a series that I combined because I didn't want to have so many spots occupied by that one series.

These are in no particular order.

The Selection by Kiera CassThe Elite by Kiera CassThe One by Kiera CassThe Heir by Kiera CassThe Crown by Kiera Cass

1. The Selection series by Kiera Cass

I really loved this series as a whole.  I read the last four books pretty much back to back.  These were so fun.  I did enjoy Heir over the Crown though.  I know some say this series shouldn't be as long as it was, but I actually think the second half of the series should have had 3 books as well.  The Crown was not fleshed out as it really should have been.  I'm so excited for the movies.  I still wish it would have just been turned into a TV series, though.

P.S. I Like You by Kasie West
2. P.S. I Like You by Kasie West

This was my first book by Kasie West, and it was so much fun.  I smiled so much during this book.  I really can't wait to pick up more of her books.  Some reviews thought it was predictable.  To me, I went back and forth who I thought was writing the main character back.  I should have probably stuck with my gut. This was a light and breezy book I thoroughly enjoyed.
Beauty and the Clockwork Beast by Nancy Campbell Allen

3. Beauty and the Clockwork Beast by Nancy Anne Campbell

Before I started to read this book, I thought it would take me a while just because of the nature of the book.  This is a steampunk retelling as Jane Eyre and Beauty and the Beast.  I definitely picked up elements from both of those classics.  I loved this book so much.  I read this one fairly quick.  There is a scene that is a seance, so I really hated that part of the book. This was definitely an atmospheric read.  I didn't find it scary except for that once scene.  I highly recommend this book.

 The Emerald Talisman by Brenda Pandos

4. The Emerald Talisman by Brenda Pandos

I've read the first two books in her series, Everblue and loved it so much.  That series is a book about mermaids, this one is a books about vampires.  I loved reading about vampires when I was younger.  I do think that has lessened a lot as a got older, but there are still vampire books I want to read.  I didn't expect to love this one as much as I did because I really don't enjoy that sort of thing as much as I did.  
When Magic Sleeps by Tera Lynn Childs

5. When Magic Sleeps by Tera Lynn Childs

I have read a couple of her mermaid books and one of her goddess books.  I don't feel like this novella series gets any attention.  I really enjoyed this one a lot.  I do wish she would have done this as a full length model.  I think there are 5 books to this fae series, and Tera does have all of these now bound in the same book.  Get the first two free with this link: teralynnchilds.com/getfae 


What were your favorite books?  Do any of these interest you?  

No comments:

Post a Comment